Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ask not what your country can do for you...

Nate, Mayumi, and I went into the District for Veteran's Day. We expected traffic, crowds, etc., but were pleasantly surprised. Aside from the chill (we were definitely unprepared clothing-wise), everything went smoothly. We stopped into to visit my best bud Heather in Crystal City, parked the car, and metro-ed to Arlington National Cemetary. I hadn't been to the cemetery since visiting with my great friend Steve Orrock in Fall 1998 when I interned with Orrin Hatch. Nate had been years before with family. We enjoyed the fall colors, the pageantry, the solemnity of the setting. We also enjoyed delicious kabobs at our favorite Pakistani restaurant, located hear Heather's house. All in all, a great day. I sure do miss living in D.C. Sigh. Pictures of our new house soon to follow!









1 comment:

moneek said...

Awww, fun. The perfect place to visit for Veteran's Day.